Do you know there are nearly 400 islands in Sabah?
The stunning beaches, crystal blue sea, lapping waves and abundant coral reefs make these islands an ideal paradise for short gateway. Here’s a list of some of the best ones that the state has offered. You should definitely pay a visit when the pandemic is over.
1. Lankayan Island
- A tiny jewel-shaped island
- The only accommodation on the island is the Lankayan Island Dive Resort
- Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation centre.
- Excursion to Turtle Islands where Turtle lay their eggs. There is a Hatchery to visit where you can watch small turtles released to the sea.
- Explore the Gomantong caves where the bird’s nests are harvested.
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Kinabatangan River to observe the wild fauna.
2. Pom Pom Island
- The main activity on the Pom Pom Island is diving.
- Exotic landscape and secluded location -he Pom Pom Island Resort has built a long sea wall at the high tide line
3. Kapalai island
- A sandbank with a resort which is Kapalai Island Resort built over it .
- All of the villa units are above water and sometimes called water bungalows.
- A man-made island sundeck is which extends out into the ocean from the main resort. This is one of the most popular places for photography on the island.
4. Sipadan Island
- Sipadan Island is the only oceanic island in Malaysia, you will likely see oceanic pelagic fish here compared to the other nearby
- Sipadan regularly features in the world’s top 10 diving spots.
- Bird watching -Sea Eagles, Kingfishers, and the Sunbirds resting and nesting in this abode of greenery.
- Take a tour of the island via Sipadan Liveaboard -specialized yacht which lets you discover the island through its short cruise.
5. Mabul Island
- Explore the island in a transparent kayak
- Visit the Bajau Laut Village
- Witness the gorgeous golden hues of the sunrise